Historical parish registers give important genealogical information including details of baptisms, marriages and burials within parishes. Although some church records, both Church of Ireland and Roman Catholic, were lost in the Four Courts fire of 1922, many registers had been retained in the individual parishes at that time and therefore survived.
With the permission of the Rector and Select Vestry, Tracton Genealogy and Local History Group has transcribed the existing parish records for the Carrigaline Union of Parishes, which are still kept within the parish.
The parish acknowledges the permission of the Director of the National Archives to publish the content of this material up to 1870. The parish further acknowledges the permission of the RCB Library to publish the content after 1870.
Should you require any assistance in researching your family history locally, please email Tracton Genealogy and Local History Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the following links to browse the records;
Ballinaboy baptisms 1884 to 1917
Ballinaboy burials 1883 to 1910
Ballinaboy marriages 1848 to 1918
Carrigaline baptisms 1808 to 1918
Carrigaline burials 1808 to 1918
Carrigaline marriages 1809 to 1912
Kilanully baptisms 1831 to 1913
Kilanully burials 1836 to 1918
Kilanully marriages 1893 to 1917
Monkstown baptisms 1842 to 1918
Monkstown burials 1842 to 1918
Monkstown marriages 1841 to 1918
Note: The boundaries of the Church of Ireland parishes originally mirrored the civil parishes which were, in turn, based on the medieval Christian parishes, adapted by the English administration. Over time, as populations fell, parishes were amalgamated and united.
The parish Church of Christ Church, Killanully, also known historically as Killingley, near Ballygarvan, was closed shortly after the final service there on Sunday, 25th February, 1990, and today the Church is occupied as a private house. The last service to be held in the parish Church of Ballinaboy, near Ballinhassig, was on Sunday, 16th September, 1962, shortly after which the Church was dismantled; it today is a romantic ivy enveloped ruin. Both these parishes had been for some years before their respective closures absorbed into the Carrigaline Union of Parishes.
The modern-day Carrigaline Union of Parishes consists of the combined parishes of St. Mary’s, Carrigaline, (incorporating Killanully and Ballinaboy), and St. John’s, Monkstown , each with its own parish Church.